This is a really interesting video (5mins) with Professor Matthew Walker talking about sleep and why its so important to us.
Sleep is the foundation of good health along with healthy food and exercise. He explains how a lack of sleep effects our minds, bodies and affects our ability to learn and retain information. We have 40% less ability to make memories with a lack of sleep. His research has shown that sleep deprivation can affect fertility, cardiovascular health our immune systems and the important link to illnesses such as Alzheimer’s and cancer.
Anxiety is a common cause of insomnia (onset and maintenance) and the more you worry the more the problem gets worse. Now you are in the grip of a vicious circle and this makes it harder for you to sleep. Is it time you got some help?
Hypnotherapy can help you to relax, to go to sleep and stay asleep. It will help you calm your mind and regulate your sleeping pattern. Using the natural state of trance you will find the experience relaxing and you remain in control at all times.
On line sessions are available including your free initial consultation by booking on 07516 962361. Not quite ready yet ? Don’t worry here’s 6 Top tips for better sleep you can do today
- Regularity – go to bed at the same time and go to bed at the same time whether it’s the weekend or not. This will allow your body to reset.
- Darkness is needed to released melatonin, dim the lights an hour before bed and stay away from those screens.
- Keep it cool – ideally 68 F or 18 C , a cool room will help you fall asleep.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine.
- Avoid naps during the day.
- Don’t stay in bed if you are struggling to sleep , get up and go to a different room that’s dimly lit and read but no screens, TV or food. Return to bed only when you feel sleepy again. Allow positive association with bedroom and sleep to begin again.
For your free initial consultation contact me on on 07516 962361.
#daylightsaving #cancer #alzheimers #immunesystem #fertility #lackofsleep #sleepdeprivation #lookafteryourself #insomnia #sleepwell #loubhypno